Make safe online payments
Protection for online payments
To make online transactions in a safe and simple manner, we apply the latest technologies and the highest safety standards continuously.
Read our recommendations for secure online payment:
- Use your payment card solely for shopping on websites of renowned companies.
- Immediately prior to payment you should read all notifications about your order and get familiar with the terms and conditions of purchase accepted in that moment. Sometimes the text in small letters could contain a purchase condition that is completely unfavourable.
- Check whether the computer from which you do shopping has updated versions of the operating system, antivirus software and internet browser in order to be certain that no malware is on the computer (virus, Trojan, spyware, malware) potentially intended for the theft of credit card data.
- Avoid doing shopping on shared computers (Internet café).
- Website page address containing the card data entry form, seen in the browser address field, should start with https://. Web pages starting with https:// provide safe data transfer entered with your browser on the page for data collection. Most internet browsers has the function to detect digital certificate validity by such page. If invalid (warning or fields in the address browser section marked as error will appear), shopping is not recommended.
- Search for the lock symbol next to the web address and if marked in red or if the browser issues a warning that the certificate is invalid, no data about credit card should be entered even if requested.
- With click on the lock symbol, you could get more information about the certificate.
- Payment card data is entered on https page only in case of making payment.
- Never enter the PIN code for the payment card online*.
SMS OTP password
SMS one-time password (OTP) you receive via SMS on your phone number verified at Banca Intesa enables you to securely and easily perform transactions on the internet.