- What is ESG?
- What topics in the field of environmental protection does ESG cover?
- What topics in the field of social responsibility does ESG cover?
- What are the criteria for ESG management?
- How does Banca Intesa contribute to environmental protection?
- How does Banca Intesa support social responsibility?
- How did the bank contribute to the corporate governance criterion?
- How can I help?
- Which organizations can I donate to?
- Why these two organizations?
- How does Banca Intesa ad Beograd implement ESG principles in its business strategies?
What is ESG?
ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) is a set of principles used by companies to align corporate policy with the concepts of sustainable development in the fields of environmental protection, corporate social responsibility and corporate governance.
What topics in the field of environmental protection does ESG cover?
- Decarbonisation and reduction of CO2 emissions
- Management of climate change
- Sustainable energy sources
- Energy efficiency
- Measures to reduce water and air pollution
- Long-term biodiversity conservation
- Sustainability in natural resource management
- Waste management
What topics in the field of social responsibility does ESG cover?
- Human rights
- Occupational health and safety
- Prevention of discrimination
- Protection of privacy and personal data
- Contribution to the community
- Social justice
- Child neglect and prevention of child labour
- Prevention of harassment and abuse
- Preservation of cultural heritage
- Value chain management (supplier chain, community partners)
What are the criteria for ESG management?
Governance is a principle that, in addition to corporate, also covers the management of “E” and “S” categories, i.e. environmental protection and corporate social responsibility. It defines decision-making mechanisms in organizations, standards and rules of internal processes, as well as strategic supervision of potential risks in business, and includes criteria such as:
- Corporate governance structure
- Avoiding conflict of interest when making decisions
- Transparency in reporting
- Business operations in compliance with all legal regulations
- Application of ethical standards in business
How does Banca Intesa contribute to environmental protection?
- By improving credit policies and lending conditions
- By adapting the risk management system
- By developing products intended for “green transformation” – improving energy efficiency, using renewable energy sources more efficiently, improving the waste management system
- By using a special fund for financing projects in the field of “circular economy”
- By making a direct contribution to the community in the form of donations for the conservation of biodiversity
- By reducing energy consumption – implementing an action plan for optimizing electricity consumption in business premises
- Through partnerships and environmental initiatives
How does Banca Intesa support social responsibility?
- Through initiatives contributing to the development of an inclusive working environment and acceptance of diversity
- By developing financial products and providing special conditions for sensitive social categories
- Through financial education and mentoring programs for young people
- By introducing the Donate option through payment order, which allows clients to donate money to non-profit organizations
- Through developed volunteering culture
- Through donations program
How did the bank contribute to the corporate governance criterion?
- By applying an effective and controlled decision-making system
- By ensuring public availability of financial reporting documents
- By creating a strict and up-to-date structure of internal management acts
- By organizing trainings and educations on safe and secure data management methods for employees
- By applying the highest ethical standards in business
- By providing guidelines for the prevention of corruption
How can I help?
With Donate option in our mobile banking app, you can round up the transaction amount on your payment slip and donate the difference to one of the charities on your list.
Which organizations can I donate to?
- SOS Dečija sela Srbija (Children's Villages of Serbia) is a non-governmental, humanitarian and non-profit organization founded in 2004. It is dedicated to improving the quality of life of children and young people without parental care, empowering families at risk, economic independence of young people from vulnerable groups, as well as providing assistance in emergency situations to the local population and refugees through various forms of support.
- WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) is an international non-governmental organization, founded in 1961, engaged on biodiversity conservation as well as reducing the human impact on the environment. This is the world's largest conservation organization, supported by over 5 million people worldwide.
Why these two organizations?
We wanted to provide our clients with the opportunity to focus their contribution towards the achievement of two equally important goals – environmental protection and social inclusion of sensitive social categories. By donating money to WWF and SOS Dečija sela Srbije, we preserve and empower what is most important to us, the children and the world that will remain behind us. Through decades of engagement, these two foundations have achieved incredible results and raised funds that have changed the lives of all of us.
How does Banca Intesa ad Beograd implement ESG principles in its business strategies?
Indirect environmental impact, as well as social importance and responsibility that we, as the leading bank on the market, have towards the community in which we live and operate, significantly affect our investment policy, i.e. the criteria on the basis of which we create products, but also analyze the risks of financing.
By implementing ESG standards in the financing processes, we support business models and concepts that adequately treat the environment, improve the circularity of the domestic economy, while not neglecting social issues as elements of strategic development, and thus provide a positive contribution to society.
With all this in mind, the ESG principles will increasingly be integrated, not only in the investment analysis and improvement of the risk management process, but also in the development of product portfolios for all client segments, as well as business strategies aimed at employees, supplier chains, partners, the local community, etc.