Upon receiving the card in one of the branches of our Bank, be sure to sign it, because an unsigned card is considered invalid.
In case of loss or theft, please call the number 011/3010-160, which is at your disposal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
It is important to note that the bank will never ask you to provide your payment card PIN number via email or phone.
When using your card abroad, you will receive an SMS notification for any transaction you make.
Keeping the card and PIN safe
Never write down your PIN number or keep it together with the card. Memorize your PIN number and destroy the envelope.
If you believe that somebody has learned the PIN number of your card, please contact us via the contact center or personally in one of our office branches.
In case of card loss, and for the purpose of preventing abuse, in the event that a person who has come into unauthorized possession of your payment card has no record of your PIN number, transactions will be rejected and the card retained in the ATM.
Protection when making payments at points of sale
- Obscure the keypad with your hand when entering your PIN in order to get some additional privacy
- Enter your PIN number personally at the POS terminal. Never disclose your PIN number to a third party even when the vendor demands so from you
- Do not allow the person performing the transaction to take your card out of your sight
- Pay attention to the way in which the vendor acts with your card and do not allow him to run the card through any additional device regardless of any potential explanations he might give you
- If you are performing a contactless payment, bring your card to the device personally, as there is no need to give it to the vendor.
Protection when making withdrawals at ATMs
During cash withdrawals at an ATM:
- If you are unsure of how to use the ATM, see user manual for the use of ATMs, or contact the employees of any of our Bank's branches and we will provide all the necessary information and instructions.
- Never ask for assistance from passers-by, meaning, do not give your card, nor your PIN number to unknown persons in order for them to perform the transaction instead of you.
- Pay attention to the appearance of the ATM. If you notice some additional devices or damage to the ATM, contact the employees of one of our branches or call our Contact Center.
- Obscure the keypad with your hand when entering your PIN. In case you are in the immediate vicinity of a person whose behaviour seems suspicious to you, we encourage you to suggest that they perform their transaction before you, and proceed with your transaction only after that person leaves the vicinity of the ATM
- When you complete the transaction successfully, put your money, card and the slip away, and only then step away from the ATM